We’re hiring! Senior Account Executive Opportunity at DMC PR.
Our Berkshire-based company is expanding which means we have a fantastic opportunity for a full time Senior Account Executive to join our great team and further their career in PR, Social Media and Marketing Communications. We work with global and household name brands developing and executing their PR strategies - with exceptional results we are proud to say! The successful candidate will work (and lead) on an exciting variety of product launches, events and trade shows across the home, retail and consumer technology industries. Travel to Italy or Germany may also be required.
This is a role for someone who is looking to develop their PR and Social Media experience, ideally bringing 1-2 years of press office (in house or agency) experience to the job. We will also consider graduates with 6 months – 1 years’ experience as this can be a role you grow into. We nurture our staff and give them the training required to become fantastic PR people. We are a great team to work with and have a reputation as one of the best PR agencies in the homes interiors and KBB (kitchens, bedrooms and bathrooms) industries.
The location of our beautiful countryside office provides an easy commute from most of Berkshire, Surrey and Hampshire.
Location: Near Reading, Berkshire (10 minutes from Junction 10 or 11 of M4 / 20 minutes from Junction 4a of M3).
Salary: Dependent on experience but highly competitive for the PR industry
Start Date: Monday 24th July 2017
Experience: Account Executive (6 month -1 year experience) or Senior Account Executive (1-2 years’ experience required)
Apply now if
- You are a university graduate
- You have at least 6 months of PR or journalism experience
- You are looking for a new challenge in your career and are ready to take the next step looking after your own clients
- You have excellent organisation skills and understand the need to respond to journalists and clients with lightning speed.
- You keep up to date on the latest bloggers and influencers.
- You’re a great writer and can turn copy around quickly.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
- You can work under pressure.
- You have, or are starting to build, a great journalist and blogger contact book.
- You have an understanding of how to run Facebook pages for businesses.
- Dealing with all enquiries received by journalists and clients.
- Client Management: leading weekly calls with clients to update them on PR activities. Building relationships with clients and learning about their products and services until you become an expert yourself.
- Press Releases, media briefings and general copywriting: the ideal candidate must have a flair for writing.
- Pro-active generation of coverage: to come up with creative ideas and angles for maximising coverage opportunities for clients. Pitching stories and feature ideas to print and online publications and working with the editorial teams at leading home and lifestyle magazines.
- Social Media: you will support the PR and Social Media Manager in managing and growing our clients’ social media channels with emphasis on Facebook. Experience in Facebook advertising is preferable but not essential. This industry is evolving and digital is ever more important. Candidates with experience in digital marketing will find their skills beneficial in this role.
- Press and Social Media Monitoring and Reporting: You will be trained to monitor media coverage on a daily basis. Social Media monitoring is shared amongst the team but can included ad hoc evening and weekend checks.
- Press event planning and management: planning, promoting, attending and following up on events, from issuing invitations to sourcing venues, arranging transport/accommodation and preparing press materials.
- Researching, updating and extending blogger and influencer lists.
- Creating and managing PR monthly calendars.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you would be a suitable candidate to Susan Tyldesley, Managing Director firstname.lastname@example.org before 21st June 2017. Successful candidates will be invited to an interview on a mutually convenient date.